Contact Information

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Environment concept idea/conceptualization

Progress shot of environment concept.
I am currently working on a digital environment piece. Right now,  I am editing and correcting the contrast. I realized I should have fully conceptualized the piece out before attempting to render, however I can use a black and white mask to help distinguish contrast among the piece as I continue to correct and fix.

I was inspired by forgotten mechanics that have been hidden away in high mountains or forests. I wanted to see if I could incorporate a rocky terrain, but also implement foliage to the piece to accentuate the atmosphere and mood I am trying to portray. I will continue to edit the color and focus on the contrast before completely refining this piece.

I created this piece from just memory of assets, and did not study any pieces. Once I finish this environment concept, I will study foliage and water some more. That way, should I conceptualize another environment that incorporates the same or similar assets as this one, I will have more experience and a more refined skill-set to tackle it.

This is just for fun and to help me get back into the swing of digital media!


No comments:

Post a Comment